Helping individuals and groups achieve their health goals
through a whole-food, plant-powered and planet-friendly way of
eating; specializing in healthy, vegan cooking classes in San Diego
Some national and local organizations we recommend:
1. The Cancer Project promotes cancer prevention and survival through a better understanding of cancer causes, particularly the link between nutrition and cancer. For healthy recipes from the Cancer Project, click here.
The Food For Life Nutrition and Cooking Series is offered year-round throughout San Diego County and taught by Tracy of Veg-Appeal. Please check the Cancer Project website for current class listings in San Diego County.
2.Nutrition MD, health and nutrition resources for practitioners and individuals as well as tools for easily creating meal planners and shopping lists.
3. PCRM is a non-profit that promotes preventive medicine, conducts clinical research and encourages hight standards for ethics and effectiveness in research. Healthy recipes.
4. EarthSave International, leads a global movement of people from all walks of life who are taking concrete steps to promote healthy and life-sustaining food choices.
5. Vegan San Diego, Go Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet -- vegan resources in San Diego as well as many recipes.
6. San Diego Vegetarian Resources and Events and shopping, etc, VegSanDiego.com.
For a listing of San Diego Pledge-to-go-Veg week fun activities including a live food demonstration with Veg-Appeal, and sign up for week please go to Pledge to Go Veg Oct. 2-9! Click on the side bar “Veg Week Activities.”
7. The Perfect Formula Diet, Janice Stanger, San Diego based plant-based author and informative blog.
8. Rose’s Organic Kitchen Rose McClain, San Diego Personal Chef.
9. Paige Newman, Turn the Paige: Visit Paige’s blog about veggie happenings and news stories.
10. Vegan Events: Calendar of veggie events in San Diego and Los Angeles Counties, veganevents.org
11. Nutrition Facts.org: Dr. Gregor’s (of the Humane Society of the United States) website. Many interesting nutrition facts, based on the latest scientific research, set in a quiz show format.
12. Veg-Appeal uses and recommends Salad Master Cookware. Some of our classes are offered at Cooking 4 Life, an authorized Salad Master Dealer.
13. Vegan and truly skin and body care - made right here in San Diego County! Oblige by Nature.